Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
400g Minced Pork
150g Mr Crumb Breadcrumbs
1 Onion Chopped Finely
1 teaspoon of Sage
1 teaspoon of Sugar
1 beaten egg
2 Tins of Tomatoes
2 Cloves of Garlic chopped
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Mix the pork, breadcrumbs, chopped onion and sage together. Season with salt and pepper. Add the egg and combine well.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and gently fry the garlic, without browning, add the tinned tomatoes a pinch of salt, a tsp of sugar and some pepper. Simmer for 10- 15 minutes.
- Use a desert spoon to scoop the meat mixture up. Roll into golf ball sized meatballs.
- Gently place each meatball into the sauce using a spoon to ensure they are covered in sauce. Continue to cook over a medium heat for another 15 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve with pasta or rice and a green salad.