4 large Portobello mushrooms
4 slices of pancetta or 30g pancetta pieces
100g Mr Crumb breadcrumbs
1 clove of garlic chopped
1 sprig of thyme
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Remove the stalks from the mushroom, clean the mushrooms and dry with kitchen paper and chop the stalks very finely.
- Fry the chopped pancetta in the oil until beginning to crisp, add the chopped mushroom stalks and continue to cook for 5 minutes then add the garlic and cook gently for another minute before adding the butter.
- When the butter is melted add the leaves from the thyme and the breadcrumbs. Combine well and cook for another minute.
- Season the mushrooms with a little pepper and place on a lightly oiled baking tray
- Remove the crumb mixture from the heat and spoon into the mushrooms.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 mins until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is golden on top.
Note: For a vegetarian option replace the pancetta with pine nuts or a suitable grated cheese.